Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crunch

Parfait via shewearsmanyhats
Waking up to a yogurt parfait can seriously make my morning. The crunch, the creaminess, the sweetness, the nuttiness... It's the perfect way to greet your tastebuds a good morning.

I often find myself craving granola with bulbs of plump blueberries and dollops of yogurt in the middle of my days too, and it's at those times that I run over to the Bridge Cafe down in Huntsman Hall to get their homemade granola parfaits...

Who could resist granola?! It could be a snack on its own, it can be married with yogurt or milk... My friend even swears by eating it with nothing but a spoon of peanut butter. I have my own take on her approach, swirling the peanut butter and granola into a bowl of warm oatmeal until the peanut butter melts into the swirl with crunchy bits scattered within it.

Can't wait to get an oven soon to make my own granola/granola bars! But in the mean time, I need this so bad right now... Marge Granola is an artisan baking company based in Seattle that makes their granola with as many simple and organic ingredients as possible. They have three different flavors that they bake in small batches with love: Orginial, Apricot Pistachio, and Hazelnut Cacao Nib -which I'm dying to try!

Marge Granola

No comments:

Post a Comment