Monday, January 21, 2013

Banana Tempura at Shiroi Hana

Ask me what my favorite little restaurant in the city is, and without the slightest hesitation, I'd answer with Shiroi Hana. It's located right beside Max Brenner on 15th street between Walnut and Locust. I love the atmosphere inside that quaint little cozy restaurant... It conjures up so many memories too: dinners with some of my favorite people... On my third return there, after the melt-in-your-mouth sushi, fall-apart-layers of miso marinated black cod and veggie wrapped beef slices in sweet teriyaki sauce, the manager -also from Indonesia- brought out this complementary dessert of fried banana tempura with green tea ice cream...

Philly surely needs more homey Japanese restaurants like this... So excited to go on future adventures scouting out for my next new favorite Japanese place! Looking forward to try Vic's Sushi or Fat Salmon some day soon :)

Banana tempura with green tea ice cream and chocolate drizzle






























Shiroi Hana
222 S 15th St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
(215) 735-4444

1 comment:

  1. nicole go to umai umai and try their sashimi & designer rolls, it's one of my favorite places!!

    ReplyDelete