Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dessert Pt.2 At Igloo

Greek yogurt froyo with chopped almonds

Roopa and I weren't quite satisfied yet, so we decided to take one final stop at Igloo. After all, I had picked up two 25% off coupons from the Penn Appetit spring issue launching -which we forgot to use because we were so excited for our froyos. It took quite a while to find the place, but we finally did make it there and the froyo was delicious! I've been really looking forward to try out this new froyo joint, ever since Sherry introduced me to it, telling me they had Greek froyo. They were supposedly known for their Greek froyo, as well as a few specialty gelato flavors: dark chocolate hazelnut and salted caramel. Roopa and I got testers for both of the gelato flavors, but decided to skip them because they came in a fixed size, and we were up for some self-serve. The salted-caramel was my favorite between the two gelato flavors, though the dark chocolate had a nice hazelnutty undertone to it. I got the Greek froyo and found it to be very similar to the froyo at Yogorino -it was quite thick, creamy, plain and had a hint of tartness.

Igloo had a lot of flavors (perfect for Roopa's liking, as she prefferred these types of froyo over the plain one that we had earlier at Yogorino). Their tahitian vanilla was one of my favorites. They also had cookies & cream, peanut butter, dark chocolate and a few others. The toppings were good too, ranging from peanut butter chips to chopped nuts. I loved how the nuts were chopped quite coarsely, compared to the nuts at other froyo shops.

Our final treat of the outing



Igloo
2223 Grays Ferry Avenue,
Philadelphia, PA 19146
(267) 858-4290

No comments:

Post a Comment