Grilled cheese sandwiches can be as versatile as you can make them....
Milk bread with cheddar melt was a quick fix I'd make for my little brother, Michael, late at night when he would stumble over to my room unable to sleep... Toasted sliced baguette with oozing brie and a drizzle of honey was a simple appetizer I would prepare for my grandparents when they would come over for lunch... Mini sautéed onion and gruyere bites were a side to the homemade butternut squash soup for Malvin... And grilled whole grain with any slice of cheese and a smear of grainy mustard was one of my go-to after-school snacks... But without further ado, here are some links to celebrate the grilled cheese!
Happy national grilled cheese day!
|Spinach & artichoke grilled cheese via Foodie Crush|
1. Smoked honey roasted ham & fig grilled cheese via Foodie Crush
2. Truffled mushroom & prosciutto grilled cheese via Foodie Crush
3. Spinach pesto grilled cheese via Closet Cooking
4. French onion grilled cheese via A Bird In The Kitchen
5. Sun-dried tomato, olive & goat cheese palmier (Not exactly a grilled cheese, but still delicious) via Spoon Fork Bacon
6. One of my favorite youtube videos with five different grilled cheese combinations via Kin Community
7. Wedge & Fig: A cheese-bistro in Old City, Philadelphia, that's next on my list of restaurants to explore!