|Spinach artichoke bread via Add A Pinch|
Walking back from class at noon, I felt like it was the first day of the year where people were generally walking around with a huge smile of their faces. There was an air of energy that came with the first actually sunny day in what felt like a millennium. To celebrate the return of the sun, I spent as much time as I possibly could basking outside. My pale winter skin was in dire need of a pick me up! I don't know what it was, but all of that Vitamin D and spring spirit really got to me. It was just the perfect weather to end the long, sleepy winter. And what better way to celebrate the start of spring with my all-time-favorite, and currently in-season, vegetable: spinach!
I love adding spinach to everything: soup, pasta, salad as a base, eggs for breakfast... It's easily one of my favorite superfoods for being so nutrient-dense, low calorie, versatile and rich with a lot of the nutrients (such as iron) that my not-so-meat-heavy diet is lacking!
Here's a round up of my favorite spinach recipes:
1) Spinach & artichoke dip via Gimme Some Oven
2) Spinach quiche via Smitten Kitchen
3) Mushroom, onion, spinach tart with goat cheese via Oh She Glows
4) Spinach & fontina baked eggs with garlic brown butter breadcrumbs via How Sweet Eats
5) Spinach salad with warm bacon vinaigrette via Smitten Kitchen
6) Spinach lasagna via Barbells and Bellinis
7) Spinach & lentil pasta with lemon, olive oil, roasted garlic via Edible Perspective
8) Spinach turkey burger via Laura Vitale
9) Sautéed spinach and tomatoes with poached egg via Martha Stewart
10) Spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach via Two Peas and Their Pod