|Pasta with 2 types of sausage + mixed veg|
- 4 sausages of your choice (I did 2 veal, 2 smoked brats)
- 2 bell peppers (I did 1 red, 1 green)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 button mushrooms
- 250g pasta (I did half a box of kamut pasta -high in protein!)
- Olive oil
Recipe: (Serves 4)
- Fill up your pan with water, add a generous amount of salt and bring it up to a boil. Whenever you cook pasta, the water should be as salty as the sea.
- While waiting for the water to boil, slice up all the vegetables and sausages, and mince the garlic.
- Put the pasta into the boiling water and cook it al dente (I cooked mine for just about 8-9 minutes, but keep checking for its firmness every 30 seconds or so after the 7 minute mark).
- Drain the pasta and save a small cup of the starchy, salty water for later in case the pasta is too dry.
- Empty the pan and, in the same pan, pour a bit of olive oil in and sauté the minced garlic.
- Add the onions, peppers and mushrooms and keep mixing it around until it wilts and lets out some moisture.
- Add the sausages and keep mixing around until everything is cooked through.
- Add a pinch of salt, some freshly cracked black pepper and a few spoons of paprika. I also like to add a lot of chili flakes for some heat. Mix through.
- Put the pasta back into the pot and mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Serve it up!